The time to transform the future is
here and now, starting at one of the world’s largest deposits of lithium
From the Whabouchi mine to the Shawinigan processing plant, Nemaska Lithium offers you a unique opportunity to grow professionally and build stronger communities for your generation as well as the ones to come.
Are you ready to drive this 100% Quebec-based project forward? Are you excited to assist this company in building meaningful relationships with the community while achieving high environmental performance goals? Nemaska Lithium offers you highly competitive wages that match your expertise, along with a full range of benefits to take care of you and your loved ones.
The Logistics and Transport Coordinator will keep logistics operations running smoothly at the mining camp. He will ensure that material needed for operations is readily available, and that proper commuting and accommodation services are in place for the employees.
· Plan, organize, orchestrate and oversee the various activities carried out within the different departments in regard to hotel services: accommodation, food, housekeeping, bus transportation, flight booking and tracking;
· Liaise with various accommodation and transportation service providers;
· Audit various accommodation and transport service providers;
· Ensure efficient, optimal, and cost-effective services;
· Track purchase requisitions for materials and services;
· Participate in workforce logistics on the mining site;
· Get to know the specifics of each department, project, and resource in order to enhance transportation strategies;
· Manage and update the computer system and draft various logistics reports pertaining to the mining camp;
· Coordinate human/material logistics resources and services in regard to accommodation, food, housekeeping, bus transportation, flight booking and tracking.
Qualifications and skills required
· Collegial diploma in Transport Logistics and/or a bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Logistics, or a combination of equivalent training and work experience. Any combination of these certifications or solid work experience may be considered satisfactory;
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Logistics in the mining sector or in construction, preferably in a remote setting with over 200 workers;
· Experience managing mining camps, construction, air transportation, and accommodation camps will be considered an asset;
· Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work tasks within tight schedules;
· Technical skills, including being able to produce reports and other documents using Microsoft Office Suite;
· Versatility and flexibility to move from one task to another;
· Autonomy, team spirit, and a sense of initiative;
· Class 5 driver’s licence;
· Ability to work a 12-hour rotating 14/14 FIFO schedule, day shift;
· Good written and verbal skills will be considered an asset;
· Experience working in a multicultural environment will be considered an asset.
Lithium is committed to the equal access employment program.
Only applicants retained for an interview will be contacted.