Ambition, ingenuity and boldness… McInnis Cement the New Cement Company in Port-Daniel-Gascons (Gaspésie) is on the lookout for operators in cement plants.
At the cutting edge of technology, this cement plant supplies their customers with superior-quality cement throughout North America.
Come experience McInnis.
Here you will take part in decisions, use innovative processes, and contribute to sustainable development. Discover the joys of working with an employer who actually cares about you.
Your new day-to-day
· Keep work environment tidy and orderly (5S);
· Ensure the application and respect of good work practices in terms of health and safety;
· Coordinate and supervise production staff if needed;
· Monitor the production process for the processing of raw materials, the manufacturing of raw materials, clinker, cement and their storage, meeting the specifications of the technical performance indicators;
· Interpret and analyze computerized technical data, circuit screens and piping in order to verify the unfolding of the process and make necessary adjustments;
· Start and stop the production system in case of emergency or at scheduled times;
· Ensure compliance with tolerances according to technical specifications;
· Monitor required samples of material during the entire process;
· Work closely with the laboratory partners for analysis;
· Assume the field operator or 5S teammate roles if needed;
· Actively participate in the continuous improvement process by suggesting work instructions and reporting equipment incidents and breakdowns;
· Follow steps and operational procedures in place;
· Maintain production reports and other data up-to-date, and prepare production reports as well as any other related documentation;
· Ensure that all equipment has been properly inspected before the start-up.
· A growing Quebec organization, a dynamic work environment and exciting challenges;
· A company that encourages initiative, self-reliance, and proactivity, allowing you to have real influence on decisions and project progress;
· Innovative practices related to new technology;
· A competitive salary and employee benefit plan;
· The Gaspé quality of life (close to nature, a friendly community, etc.).
· College diploma or bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or chemical process engineering;
· Experience in a control room, a laboratory or in operations, in a manufacturing plant (mandatory);
· Knowledge of security procedures such as lockout, management of work permits, etc.
· Initiative and versatility;
· Sound judgment, autonomy, and resourcefulness for a good management of priorities;
· Organizational skills, adaptability and team spirit.
About this position
· Permanent, full-time position (4-5-5-4), alternating day/night shifts.
For more information, contact Valérie Boisvert at this toll-free number: 1 800 218-3250.