Ambition, ingenuity and boldness… McInnis Cement the New Cement Company in Port-Daniel-Gascons (Gaspésie) is on the lookout for industrial mechanics.
At the cutting edge of technology, this cement plant supplies their customers with superior-quality cement throughout North America.
Come experience McInnis.
Here you will take part in decisions, use innovative processes, and contribute to sustainable development. Discover the joys of working with an employer who actually cares about you.
Your new day-to-day
· Inspect equipment and facilities;
· Install, maintain and calibrate industrial mechanical instruments and devices associated with such systems;
· Perform maintenance, installation, and troubleshooting of stationary and mobile equipment, as well as certain peripherals;
· Read and understand the manufacturers’ plans and specifications;
· Choose tools and equipment necessary to carry out designated mandates;
· Put all materials, equipment and parts back to their designated area after each use;
· Propose solutions in the case of equipment breakage or failure;
· Perform follow-ups after repairs to ensure that equipment is operational;
· Complete detailed reports and forward them to the concerned individuals;
· Work on the production line on call during evenings, nights, and on weekends, in accordance with a fixed schedule.
· A growing Quebec organization, a dynamic work environment and exciting challenges;
· A company that encourages initiative, self-reliance, and proactivity, allowing you to have real influence on decisions and project progress;
· Innovative practices related to new technology;
· A competitive salary and employee benefit plan;
· The Gaspé quality of life (close to nature, a friendly community, etc.).
· A collegial diploma in mechanical or industrial engineering or a vocational diploma in industrial mechanics in construction and maintenance;
· A safety certificate on construction sites (asset);
· A minimum of five (5) years working in a similar position;
· Knowledge of security procedures such as the lockout, work permit management, etc.;
· Sound mechanical industrial practices;
· Organizational skills, initiative and resourcefulness;
· Adaptability and team spirit.
· Sound judgment, autonomy and good management of priorities;
About this position
· Permanent, full-time position (4-5-5-4), alternating day/night shifts;
· On call evenings, nights and weekends, according to a pre-established schedule, to assist production.
For more information, contact Catherine Guay at this toll-free number: 1 800 218-3250.