Ambition, ingenuity and boldness… McInnis Cement the New Cement Company in Port-Daniel-Gascons (Gaspésie) is on the lookout for an electrical technician.
At the cutting edge of technology, this cement plant supplies their customers with superior-quality cement throughout North America.
Come experience McInnis.
Here you will take part in decisions, use innovative processes, and contribute to sustainable development. Discover the joys of working with an employer who actually cares about you.
Your new day-to-day
Reporting to the electrical supervisor, you will have as main responsibility, to carry out the repairs and the maintenance of the various equipment. You will also be responsible for the electrical instrumentation, distribution (LV, MV, HT) of the plant, in addition to ensuring its proper operation.
· Keeping the order and cleanliness of your working environment (5S), and make sure to use good practices in health and safety at work;
· Read and interpret manufacturer plans and specifications;
· Execute work orders for repairs, maintenance, installation and troubleshooting of various high technology industrial systems and equipment, according to established procedures;
· Observe the standards of use related to the equipment, according to the requirements, taking into account the technical specifications and the needs of the production;
· Propose and provide solutions for breakage or non-performance of equipment and follow up after the maintenance to ensure the performance of the equipment concerned;
· Install, maintain and calibrate industrial control equipment (MCC, VFD, etc.), industrial control and electrical distribution (LV, MV, HV);
· Conduct electrical or electronic tests to identify potential problems;
· Writes reports accurately and transmits them to the people concerned. Collect information in the SAP system.
· A growing Quebec organization, a dynamic work environment and exciting challenges;
· A company that encourages initiative, self-reliance, and proactivity, allowing you to have real influence on decisions and project progress;
· Innovative practices related to new technology;
· A competitive salary and employee benefit plan;
· The Gaspé quality of life (close to nature, a friendly community, etc.).
· College Diploma in Industrial Electronics Technology, College Diploma or certificate in Electrical Engineering, professional diploma in Electricity or Instrumentation/Maintenance Automation or any other relevant degree (Relevant and meaningful professional experience may be recognized.);
· A minimum of 2 years of experience as an industrial maintenance technician;
· Certificate in industrial electricity CE (MANDATORY), Licence C, called “non-construction” (an asset) and certificate of safety on construction sites (an asset);
· Know the laws, regulations and codes of ethics specific to the professional requirements of this line of business;
· Master good practices in electrical or industrial electronics.
· Ability to work independently and as a team;
· Sense of communication, rigour and precision.
About this position
· Permanent, full-time position (4-5-5-4), alternating day/night shifts;
· On call evenings, nights and weekends, according to a pre-established schedule, to assist production.
For more information, contact Catherine Guay at this toll-free number: 1 800 218-3250.